On March 13, 2019, a Round Table was held on the Problematic Issues of Customs Clearance of Dual-use Goods and Military Destinations within the framework of the 11th Consumers’ Festival. Moderator of the round table – Head of the Department of Commodity and Customs Affairs, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor Nina Vasilivna Merezhko.
Round Table Decision.
The round table was opened by the first vice-rector on scientific and pedagogical work, doctor of technical sciences, prof. Pritulska Natalia Volodimirivna, who emphasized the importance of expert work during the registration of dual-use goods and military purposes, as well as training specialists in this field. Dean of the Faculty of Trade and Marketing Viktor Anatoliyovich Osyka addressed thee participants to the round table with a welcoming speech.
The main issues discussed at the roundtable:
export control in the international security system;
harmonization of procedures and rules of state export control of Ukraine with EU norms and standards;
the procedure for the state control over international transfers of dual-use goods and military purposes;
the mechanism of a single window as an instrument for facilitating foreign trade and harmonizing the work of state controlling bodies;
practical aspects of customs clearance of dual-use goods and military purposes;
expert supervision of compliance with requirements of legislation during the movement of goods across the customs border of Ukraine;
international cooperation of Ukraine with foreign states in the issues of coordinated and controlled movement of dual-use goods and military purposes;
assessment of conformity of goods for servicemen.
The round table was attended by experts from the State Export Control Service of Ukraine, the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, the Department of Tax and Customs Expertise of DFS, Energy Customs DFS, State Enterprise “Ukrmetrteststandard”, LLC “Nanomedtekh”, the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, Faculty of Commodity Science and Marketing of KNUTE , The National Museum of History of Ukraine, the museum of them. Varvara and Bohdan Khanenko, volunteers, students.
Speeches were delivered by:
1. Savula Igor Miroslavovich – acting director Chairman of the State Export Control Service of Ukraine, Lyudmyla Volodymirivna Checheyuk – Director of the Department of Analytical and Legal Work of Interdepartmental and International Cooperation of the State Export Control Office of Ukraine: “Export Control in the System of International Security and Harmonization of Procedures and Rules of State Export Control of Ukraine with EU norms and standards”;
2. Dmitrenko Alexander Mikhailovich – Head of the Department for the Control of the Movement of Military Goods and Dual Use of the Department of Customs Control and Design of DFS of Ukraine: “The Role of DFS of Ukraine in the Control of International Transfers of Military and Dual-Use Goods”;
3. Muromtsev Leonid Mikolayovich – Head of the organization of measures of non-tariff regulation of foreign economic activity of the Department for the organization of customs control and registration of DFS of Ukraine: “The mechanism of a single window” as an instrument for simplifying foreign trade and harmonizing the work of state controlling bodies “;
3. Valeria Valerievna Dyshlova – Head of the Department of Engineering and Criminal Investigation of the Commodity, Engineering, and Forensic Examination Department of the Tax and Customs Expertise Department of the DFS: “Examination Features of Parts and Components of Goods Which May be Attributed to Military and Dual-Use Goods »;
4. Shkoda Irina Mikhailivna – Chief State Inspector-Expert of the Department of Research of Pharmaceuticals, Biologically Active Additives and Drugs for the Management of Foodstuffs, Drinks, and Biologically Active Substances Controls and Researches of the Department of Tax and Customs Expertise DFS:
“The basics of Identification of Goods that may to be used in the manufacture of chemical weapons “;
5. Zolotarev Igor Anatoliyovych – Head of Administration of Customs Payments of the Energy Customs DFS: “Practical Aspects of Customization of Fuel for Jet Engines”;
6. Ozolina Natalia Viktorivna – Head of the Scientific and Technical Department of Certification and Standardization of Light Industry Products and Personal Protective Equipment of the State Enterprise “Ukrmetrteststandard”: “General Issues of Compliance Assessment of Light Industry Products”;
7. Grebelnik Oleksandr Petrovich – Doctor of Economics, Professor, Head of the Department of Customs Affairs of the University of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, Borsa Vadim Viktorovich – Senior Lecturer of the Department of Customs Affairs, postgraduate student of the Department of Business Economics at the University of DFS of Ukraine: “The Role of Export Control in the Non-Tariff System regulation of foreign trade activity “;
8. Brychka Sergiy Yakovlevich – doctor of technical science, head of the laboratory of physico-chemical analysis of nanomaterials of “Nanomedtekh” Ltd.: “Symbiosis of private and public capital for obtaining high-quality military products”;
10. Karavaev Taras Anatoliyovych – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Commodity and Customs Affairs of KNUTE: “Training of specialists for the State fiscal service of Ukraine and the State Export Control Service of Ukraine”.
During the discussions, representatives from the DFS of Ukraine, the State Export Control Board of Ukraine, the DFS University, KNUTE spoke. Students took an active part in discussing the presentations.